Friday, September 05, 2008

Yes, Another One in the Recent Spate of First-Day-of-First-Grade Posts

Wahhh!

Where did my kindergartner go?



Sean started first grade yesterday. Today is his first full day of school ever. After soothing a distraught Allison, who realized that she'd be spending an entire day without her best friend, I found that this morning was business as usual. Around noon, though, I started getting a bit twitchy. Now I'm watching the clock (30 minutes to go!).

I start the school year with trepidation. Sean's regular teacher is on maternity leave until December. A long-term substitute who is approximately twelve 24 years old will be running the show till then. I'm hoping that the enthusiasm and creativity of a newly minted educator will balance out the inexperience and transition issues ahead....