Monday, February 04, 2008

Found

I don't have many good excuses for my silence. In fact, once I admit to you on one particular thing that has occupied some of my time (time that heretofore I would have spent on blogging), you’ll just roll your eyes.

Once a big Lost fan, I fell off the island bandwagon last year. I worked through much of period during which season 3 was broadcast, and I didn’t expect to ever catch up again. Till Christmas, that is, when Jeff gave me season 3 on DVD.

Whoosh! That’s the sound of me getting sucked back in again. In marathon viewing sessions, we watched the entire third season, just in time for the launch of season 4. I then made the mistake of poking about on this here Internet to see what theories and conspiracies and themes and allusions and symbols were being discussed.

Holy moley, people. There are some seriously crazy dedicated fans out there. I have barely scraped the surface, and already Jeff thinks I’m loony whenever I pop up with a comment on the space-time continuum and the philospher-namesakes on the show. And speculations on how exactly the writers will tackle Walt's having aged 2 years in the show-span of 3 months.

I knew there was a reason I had refrained from searching the Internet for Lost information before now. I have another online life to live, after all.

Scrabulous, anyone?