Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is it the Season Yet?

See, all you have to do is dangle the prospect of some Amazon gift cards in front of me and I start assembling a wish list.

Teeny Manolo is having a sweepstakes contest. Check it out if, like me, the prospect of free books, even if used for holiday gifts, makes you swoon.

On a somewhat related note, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. But I have at least thought about some gift ideas. That counts, right? The first thing to do is get my kids to assemble slightly shorter lists. Right now Sean's includes a new Buzz Lightyear, Darth Vader, and a rocketship. Oh, and a guitar and a new radio (note that he doesn't even have an old radio). I said to Jeff, "What, did he suddenly turn 11 without us knowing it?" Allie is insisting that she wants everything Sean wants, plus a Superman figure that actually flies. How to tell her that the elves haven't developed that technology yet?

What's on your kids' holiday wish lists?