Monday, October 29, 2007

Book Plea

Okay, I need help.

I am fresh out of book ideas at the moment. I'm midway through The Keep by Jennifer Egan, and after that I have nothing lined up. Well, far down the line is Richard Russo's new book, Bridge of Sighs. But the long library queue ensures that I won't have my hands on that book for several weeks.

I can't wait that long. Even though I read slowly these days, I can't be without a book. Which brings me to you, my well-read readers. What would you suggest for me? And to make this just a little more interesting, what book would you have me avoid like the plague?

Just so this isn't completely one-sided, I'll recommend one of my favorites, Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson. To avoid? Don't fret if you never read The Whole World Over by Julia Glass. (It pains me to say that because I loved her first book, Three Junes. But the second one? Bleahh.)