Sunday, March 18, 2007

Answer Key

And the deceitful entry is . . .

Number 3. I have never read Ulysses. Worse, I have never even tried. Worse still (and please forgive me), I don’t even like James Joyce (except for perhaps “The Dead”). Although I am flattered, Kath, that you think I may have done other things during college to be proud of! I myself can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Congratulations to DaniGirl, Gina, and Becki for their perspicacious guesses. Now for some elaboration:

1. I truly need my sheets tucked in while I sleep.

4. I went from living with my mother to living with Jeff. I wish now that I had spent a year or two on my own in between college and our wedding; perhaps my regret is stemming from the fact that lately I’ve been feeling hemmed in by my near-constant caretaking duties lately. Ah well. That ship has long since sailed.

5. I am not really that neat, but having dishes piled in the sink makes me feel like my life is out of control. It’s the one housekeeping thing I’m obsessive about. For example, dust must be a few inches think before I even think about removing it, and I have an impressive threshold for an untidy bedroom.

And now that other item. It’s kind of a circuitous link, so bear with me.

2. My grandmother’s cousin is a film editor. Apparently he’s well known on the techie side of the industry. He’s even won a few Oscars, for Apocalypse Now and The English Patient. Alas, I’ve never met him, although I have been in touch with one of his children. Another one of his kids is, da da dah dah! Billy Bob Thorton’s partner and mother of his child.

So there you go, my one claim to fame.

Thanks so much for playing -- this was a lot of fun!