Monday, January 29, 2007

Blah

I've been staring at the computer lately, feeling curiously disengaged from blogging. I'm reading, not commenting. I'm thinking (kind of), not writing.

In some ways the torpor has extended to this other, flesh-and-blood, existence I lead. I have been working less and spending more time with the kids, yet not interacting with them as much as I should. There are a million little household projects that deserve some attention, but I have just enough energy to tend to the basics. Maybe it's just my usual bout of seasonal affective disorder, although I feel a bit ridiculous offering this as an excuse when the weather has, until the past few weeks, been quite mild.

Whatever the reason, thanks for continuing to check in even in the face of such evident malaise. With luck the fog will lift soon.