Thursday, November 16, 2006

Title to be Announced Later

Well, who'd have thought a trip to Lens Crafters would have yieled blog material of such traction? Now if only I could prevent those glasses from sliding down my nose and looking like pince-nez. Does anyone wear those anymore?

I wish I had something to report to you all, something to explain my lack of real posting, but it's just your standard tuberculous/asthmatic cough that won't quit, a workload that just cannot be talked into receding into the background, Internet connection that won't stay connected for more than 35 consecutive seconds, blah blah blah.

In short, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the little things in life right now. Though not so overwhelmed that I had to cancel two blogger meet-ups this week, of course. I have me some priorities!

Liesl and I and our kids had a fun trip to a children's museum on Tuesday. When it was over and we pulled into our driveway, Allie looked at the surrounding landscape as if it were Mars. "Hey!" she said. "This isn't Liam's house! I want to go there! I don't want to go home!" I think that means she had a good time....

Today the kids and I drove down to Delaware to meet up with Amy, who's staying at her parents for a few weeks. Our lovely visit was cut short by a call from Jeff, who had just found out his grandfather had had a heart attack and was on the way to the hospital. He seems to be stable now, but he'll be in the hospital for a few days. Sorry, Amy, for having to leave early. We had a great time (hence Sean's copious tears at the announcement that we were heading out!).

Speaking of little things, the placid, fun bath time that lulled me into thinking I could whip up a quick post has devolved into a series of loud, splashing skirmishes. Time to go calm the waters.