Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Sorry, couldn't resist (yeah, I know, how much self-control does it actually take to resist that trite phrase).

We had a fabulous trip to Rome -- so much history, so little time, but we managed to pack a lot into 2 and a half days. I will post pictures over the weekend, after the still-jetsetting, camera-touting Jeff (aka Mr. Snappy Happy) returns.

I received the welcome of my life yesterday. Apparently while I was gone the kids were all like "Mommy who?", but they seemed pretty happy to see him when I came through the door. Landismom was right -- their babysitters more than compensated for our absence: my brother- and sister-in-law took the kids to Sesame Place (a trip I'd decided to postpone till next year when I had more energy or something) and, get this, actually bought them stuff there, unlike tight-fisted moi who never goes to a gift shop with kids in tow. And by all reports the kids were really well behaved for J and G and for my mom. I'm so grateful to have such helpful people in my life.

I'll write more about the trip soon. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that at some point I'll be catching up with you all (as I plow through my 8 million feeds on Bloglines!).