Monday, October 09, 2006

Random

My out-of-town guests are still here, but they're currently taking their granddaughter for a walk. Ergo this precious computer time.

Allie's family birthday party was Saturday. To quote the birthday girl, it was "the best birthday ever!" Which I take as the highest praise. It wouldn't be inaccurate to subtitle the party as "Operation Disney Princess Infiltration." I've mentioned the Disney love that permeates the extended family? Let's just say we were all feeling that love on Saturday. Not that Allie minded in the least -- or Sean, for that matter, who was very eager to open the Little Mermaid beauty and hair playset.

Snark aside, it was a great party. Jeff's family in particular is quite a convivial bunch; I actually credit them with making me slightly less standoffish in a crowd of people. And this time I'd like to think I was not so much the slightly panicked, scatterbrained hostess.

My mother- and father-in-law went with us to drop Sean off at preschool this morning. Sean was bubbling over with excitement -- he introduced them to his teachers and all his friends: "These are my grandparents, Nana and Granddad." I loved seeing his obvious pleasure over showing them each part of the classroom and his art projects. It's school picture day, too, and sure enough his hair began sproinging up in unruly cowlicks right when we got to school.

And now for a quick, abrupt ending that lacks anything resembling a tidy resolution -- time to abandon the computer for at least a few more hours!