Saturday, September 30, 2006

Overload?

I've recently begun using Bloglines as a way to foist some order upon my heretofore completely haphazard approach to reading blogs.

I love it. I don't waste nearly as much time clicking about to see if people have updated.

It's also quantified my blog reading; I'd never bothered to actually count my bookmarks. So I was a little taken aback by the number of feeds I've signed up for: 80. EIGHTY! And these are just blogs, not other sites. I don't comment on all of them, for sure, but I do read them all (albeit some less frequently than others).

That's a LOT of nosiness. So far I don't seem to be having any trouble keeping up, but I wonder: how many personal narratives can one reasonably keep track of before the details of a blogger's life start to become indistinguishable from another's?

How many blogs do you read? Do you think there's an upper limit beyond which the cyber chatter becomes unmanageable?