Sunday, May 21, 2006

Skyscape

As I was drying off Allie after her bath tonight, she gazed out the bathroom window and commented, "Mommy, something's going to go across the sky."

"Oh, really?"

"Yah! It's going to be a rainbow. We're going to hang it in the sky. With a hanger."

I'd love to live in a world where you can hang rainbows from the sky whenever you feel like it.

*************

And now, my friends, it's time for me to put my nose to the grindstone. It's final crunch week for a book I'm editing. To say that I am behind schedule would be a polite understatement. So, if you don't hear from me till later this week, you'll know why. And if I do pop by the blog before Friday, you'll know that I am not, in fact, finished the project but am merely frittering away precious time. Feel free to chide me accordingly.