Thursday, April 06, 2006

Let's Play a Game...

Called "Watch the blog whither and die." Already in progress, or so it might appear to the casual observer.

Sorry most of my recent posts consist of one excuse or another for my lack of real posting. Last week's illness caused a miniature avalanche of work this week; all my non-kid time has been spent squinting at the computer and kicking myself for taking on editing projects that involve SGML coding.

And overriding all my standard petty complaints is the fact that Jeff's father is in the hospital. He went in because of kidney problems, found out that his previously diagnosed pneumonia had worsened, and today was told he has a blood clot in his lung. Yeah. Bad news. He's now on an IV blood thinner, which we are hoping was started promptly enough to prevent, well, worse news. Jeff is probably going to drive out tomorrow to see him (his parents live 300+ miles away).

I hope to catch up with everyone soon -- thanks for continuing to check in!