Thursday, March 09, 2006

Five Meme

Phantom tagged me for a meme a while ago. Perfect for those days when original content is just not forthcoming!

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Than add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

Overread
BrightStar
Lucy
Phantom Scribbler
Mimilou

Next, select five people to tag.
If you want it, come and get it.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was neck-deep in wedding preparations and trying to find an apartment with Jeff. I think my wedding shower was in March, too, so at this point I was most likely either desperately trying to figure out when it would be or coasting on a domestic-goods high.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Preparing to depart my beloved job for a new phase of my life -- stay-/work-at-home mother. Panic had probably begun to set in over whether this was, in fact, a good choice. (Yes, as it turns out.)

Five snacks you enjoy
1. M&Ms
2. Peanut butter crackers
3. Cereal (it's not just for dinner anymore)
4. Pita chips and hummus
5. Cookies of most sorts

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics
Sadly, I think at least 63% of my brain is devoted to song lyrics. It's hard to pick five! Let's try this: I'll pick five artists whose canon I know mostly by heart:
1. The Beatles (give or take a few earlier cover renditions)
2. 10,000 Maniacs
3. The Go-Go's (did I actually just reveal this to the Internet?)
4. The Bangles (this is getting more embarrassing by the second)
5. Sting

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1. Buy houses/pay off mortgages for all our family members.
2. Pay for my sisters-in-laws', niece's, and nephews' college educations.
3. Travel everywhere possible, except to South Dakota
4. Hire a decorator to renovate my kitchen, bathrooms, bedroom, and family room.
5. Donate, donate, donate.

Five bad habits
1. Reading while eating.
2. Avoiding talking on the phone if at all possible (BUT see #3).
3. Talking on cell phone while driving.
4. Being way too impatient a driver.
5. Retreating to a noncommunicative state as a defense mechanism.

Five things you like doing
1. Reading
2. Blogging
3. Walking
4. Listening to music
5. Watching my children play

Five things you would never wear again
1. Velour
2. Pin-striped jeans
3. Corduroys
4. Above-the-knee skirts
5. High-top sneakers

Five favorite toys
1. Computer
2. Digital camera
3. DVD player
4. Do books count?
5. Boggle (nerd alert! nerd alert!)