Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sharpen Your Pencils

For your weekend dose of Mimilou, I thought I'd try something different. I've shamelessly stolen this idea from Overread and his fabulous music quizzes. Instead of popular music, I've written a quiz designed to pluck the nostalgia strings for those you who watched too much children's TV in the '70s.

Not that I did. No siree. I just read all the time.

So. See if you can identify the TV show for each item. The phrase might be a catchline in the show or part of the show's themesong. Some are probably really easy; others perhaps less so. I'll impose one of Overread's rules: no Googling allowed! (Of course I trust you all completely.) And it might be fun if you wrote down your answers without reading other responses first -- that is, if anyone actually takes the plunge. Somebody humor me, 'kay?

(For my Canadian friends, I apologize in advance if some of these shows weren't actually shown in Canada.)

1. Uh oh Chongo!
2. And now time for a very short book.
3. Would you be mine, could you be mine?
4. Zoinks!
5. Tune in next time for the continuing story of a quack who's gone to the dogs.
6. The ladybug 12 at the ladybug picnic…
7. Send today, send right away…
8. Marshall, Will, and Holly on a routine expedition…
9. Nuthin' up my sleeve … Presto!
10. Let me tell you a tale, a very scary tale about two boys who went surfing one day…
11. They learn with their friend Doug; I'm his helper, Emmy Jo…
12. Come on give it a try, we're gonna teach you to fly high…
13. He is a boy, a very special boy, powered by propeller shoes…
14. Guitars, and sharps and flats…
15. Well you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw come true…

Bonus: Lori and Judy dare to face any criminal anywhere…