Monday, February 13, 2006

Blogging for Annika

I'm a bit of a johnny come lately on blogging about this, but on the off chance you haven't heard, here's my bit: At age 5, Moreena's daughter Annika has already undergone two liver transplants. And now a third one is looming on the horizon. And their health insurance unexpectedly expired.

Moreena and her husband will be setting up an account with the Children's Organ Transplant Association. If you're interested, Phantom Scribbler and Andrea are organizing a fundraiser. Andrea's volunteered room on her site to serve as a clearinghouse; I'll be putting a button on my sidebar, too.

I've been following, quietly, Annika's story for a few months now. I've cried more than a few times -- it's heartbreaking. And Moreena's writing is so graceful and thoughtful, it just blows me away. If you haven't read her blog, please stop by. And help if you can.