Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Answer Key

I won't hold you in suspense any longer. Here are the answers to Sunday's quiz.

1. Uh oh Chongo! From Danger Island, one of the mini-shows that ran on The Banana Splits.
2. And now time for a very short book. From The Electric Company, whose availability on DVD brings me great joy.
3. Would you be mine, could you be mine? From Mister Roger's Neigborhood, of course.
4. Zoinks! From Scooby Doo, before the shark-jumped Scrappy Doo era.
5. Tune in next time for the continuing story of a quack who's gone to the dogs. From The Muppet Show.
6. The ladybug 12 at the ladybug picnic… From Sesame Street.
7. Send today, send right away… From Captain Noah; perhaps it was unfair to include this since apparently it was broadcast only in the Philadelphia area.
8. Marshall, Will, and Holly on a routine expedition… From The Land of the Lost. Amazing that Chaka and the good Sleestack guy knew how to speak English.
9. Nuthin' up my sleeve … Presto! From Rocky and Bullwinkle, one of my all-time favorite kids' shows.
10. Let me tell you a tale, a very scary tale about two boys who went surfing one day… From Sigmund and the Seamonsters. Quite a relief that the little boy from Family Affair found gainful employment for a little while.
11. They learn with their friend Doug; I'm his helper, Emmy Jo… From New Zoo Revue. I totally wanted Emmy Jo's white go-go boots.
12. Come on give it a try, we're gonna teach you to fly high… From Zoom. I was besotted with those kids, their striped rugby shirts, their rope bracelets and shoelessness.
13. He is a boy, a very special boy, powered by propeller shoes… Marine Boy. Turns out this is one of the first shows using anime. For me, the show was all about the mermaid and her crystal ball.
14. Guitars, and sharps and flats… Josie and the Pussycats. (Can you sing the song now?)
15. Well you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw come true… Simon and the Land of Chalk Drawings, as seen on Captain Kangaroo. (Jennifer, I think your lyrics are correct; I sang them to myself as I read your comment.)

Bonus: Lori and Judy dare to face any criminal anywhere… From ElectraWoman and DynaGirl, an apparently extremely short-lived Saturday morning show featuring a young Deirdre Hall. I loved this show and wanted to be DynaGirl in the worst way.

There you go! Do any of the ones that no one answered now ring a bell?