Thursday, January 19, 2006

Answers to Your Most Pressing Questions, Part 4


Liesl asks "Got any pets, and if so, which are your favorites?"

No pets, alas. Nor any prospects for one.

I love dogs -- just thinking about this question makes me wistful for the dog I had growing up, the sweetest German-shepherd-plus-doofus mix in the world. And I'd really like to adopt a greyhound someday. The only way that would happen, however, would be a change in my marital status from married to single.

Jeff does not do pets. Of any sort. Oh, he claims that he could tolerate some fish, but really, what's the point of that? And I doubt he'd ever willingly accede to even a fish. When we got married I told him that I was willing to overlook this major character flaw, even though it will be ON HIM when we must crush our children's dreams of a pet like so many thin-skinned grapes.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.