Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Answers to Your Most Pressing Questions, Part 2

Corndog asked:

1) Why Mimilou?

2) Drummer jokes?

3) Pineapple on pizza - nummy Hawaiian delight or topping from Hell?


1. Ah, yes, why Mimilou? It's an underwhelming story. When I started my blog, I had no idea what I was doing. I originally called it Ephemera, and for reasons unknown I decided to give the URL a different name. After extensive deliberations (lasting about 60 seconds), I chose Mimilou for the URL. The name is an amalgamation of two of Allie's babyhood nicknames: "Mimi" is short for "Screaming Mimi", so-called because Allie had colic and for 3 months spent the hours from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. every single night screaming her head off. "Lou" is from "Chickie Lou," which I believe my sister Kathie came up with.

A few days later, I decided that it would be less confusing for readers if my blogname and URL were the same thing. I know, the hubris! I had two readers (my husband and my mom) for about 5 months because I told no one about the blog, I didn't comment on anyone else's blog, and I didn't list my blog in any directories. This may prompt the entirely valid question of why I even bothered, but given my own personal inadequacy shtick (copyright 2005 by Phantom Scribbler) it's not too surprising.

Anyway, that's why Mimilou is called Mimilou.

2. I don't know any drummer jokes! However, if you want to see some sparks fly, you should see Jeff's reaction when his brother, a trumpet player, makes some disparaging comments about drummers not being real musicians.

3. There is only one type of pizza for my laughably limited palate: plain. No pepperoni, no sausage, no mushrooms, no peppers, no broccoli, and absolutely NO PINEAPPLE. But I'm weird that way.