Thursday, December 22, 2005

In Case You Were Wondering... (Updated)

The dentist visit mentioned in my previous post was a bonafide box office flop. Sean sat in the chair for about 2 minutes, freaked out when the chair tilted back, and that's all she wrote. The hygienist was fabulous, using all sorts of tricks to make him comfortable, but it just wasn't going to happen. We were there for 40 minutes just trying to get Sean to open his mouth!

We're trying again in a few months. In the meantime, here's hoping his teeth don't crumble or something.

Further Updates on Today's Festival of Frustration: The cookies were among the worst I've ever made. I'm placing the blame on the baking soda that may or may not have been about a year old (it's quite possible that the last time I used it was last December). Another potential culprit might be an inappropriate portion of flour, the precise measurement of which I'll never know since Allie spooned a hefty amount into the sink after the salt and flaccid baking soda were added.

The trip to visit Jeff ended before it began; as a result of miscommunication between Jeff and me, I left the house too late for the light show. To placate a very disappointed set of kids, we are now watching the dreaded Caillou's Holiday Movie.

The soundtrack to our Festival is "Tears, Shouting, and Whining, plus More Tears for Good Measure." With special sound effects, too, like the sound of the Christmas hurricaine lamp on my kitchen table breaking into several jagged pieces around 12:15 this afternoon. Available for downloading on iTunes.

Anyone have some Christmas spirit for me?