Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy (U.S.) Thanksgiving!

After having listened to my hype about the Thanksgiving Day Parade for the past few days, my kids lost interest after about 20 minutes. I can't blame them, really. Is there anything more inane than parade commentary? And don't get me started on the complete eradication of the line between actual commercials and peri-parade sponsorship spots. Bleahh.

But hey! This wasn't supposed to be a snarky post. Forgive me.

Later today we are going to my sister's for dinner; it should be a pretty quiet day till then. And perhaps even during dinner, since my family is not known for its chattiness.

I'm taking the time today to remember everything I'm thankful for, a list too long to post (and perhaps of no interest to anyone but me). The list starts and ends with my amazing husband, beautiful children, and loving extended family. And my wonderful blog friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!