Wednesday, November 09, 2005

1001 Questions (Or, Sean Goes to the Movies for the First Time)

Yesterday I decided to goof off a bit and go to the movies. It was my gentleman friend's first trip to a movie theater. The selection, Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Wererabbit, seemed like a good choice for a 3 and 1/2-year-old newbie. It was a delightful movie. Or I think it was, at any rate, since Sean's running interrogation throughout the entire movie distracted me a bit. We were completely alone in the theater, which turned out to be a good thing given the poor movie etiquette we displayed. Here's a sampling of Sean's comments/questions about the theater:

"Why is it so dark in here?"
"That's loud. It hurts my ears."
"Why does my chair move up like that?"
"What are these holes" -- cupholders -- "for?"
"Why is it so dark in here?"
"What are all these seats for?"
"When are the other people going to come to sit in the seats?"
"Why are no people sitting in those seats?"
"Why is it dark in here?"
"Can we sit down there?"
"Can we sit over there?"
"Can we sit back there?"
"Why are we sitting here?"
"Why is there a fan up there?" (I had never noticed the ceiling fans before!)
"Why is it dark in here?"
"When are the people going to come sit down?"
"I have to use the potty."

And, oh right, the movie itself:

"Why is that a rabbit?"
"Why did he turn into a rabbit?"
"Why doesn't he want to be a rabbit?"
"Who turned into a rabbit?"
"Why is that dog driving a car?"
"Why is the car going so fast?"
"Why does he like cheese?"
"What's going on?"
"Why is that dog flying an airplane?"
"Why doesn't he want to be a rabbit?"
"Where did the rabbit go?"

When Jeff asked Sean about the movie later, the only thing Sean said was, "Mommy and I went to the MOVIES. Then we went to the potty." I guess I should give him points for concision.