Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Seven Things

Sorry that I haven't been around much this week, both here and elsewhere. I hope to resume my daily diet of reading and commenting soon. In the meantime, a meme! Landismom tagged me. Please forgive the pity party that takes up much of the second question.

7 things I want to do before I die:
1. Travel all over the world
2. Learn how to play a musical instrument
3. Do volunteer work regularly
4. Become more engaged politically and socially
5. Live a more unselfish life
6. Meet my great-grandchildren
7. Have something I've written be published

7 things I cannot do:
1. Sing or play a musical instrument
2. Sew, knit, crochet, quilt, weave, or otherwise fasten fabric or yarn
3. Engage in any type of athletic activity with enthusiasm or skill
4. Draw, paint, sculpt. In short, creative or artistic endeavors of any kind.
5. Cook anything that would impress anyone
6. Be deliberately unkind
7. Be an inattentive, uncaring parent

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Sense of humor and whimsy
2. Intelligence
3. Open-mindedness
4. Gentlemanly demeanor
5. Kindness
6. Strong work ethic
7. Eyes, shoulders, arms (not to give the physical short shrift!)

7 things that I say most often:
1. Come ON, let's GO!
2. I don't know why I bother.
3. That is not a toy.
4. Please stop doing that; it's not safe.
5. Where did my keys/cellphone go?
6. Are we ready to roll?
7. Oh, Geez Louise.

7 celebrity crushes:
I don't have too many current ones, but here's a walk down my somewhat embarrassing memory lane of crushes:
1. Davey Jones (age 5)
2. Shaun Cassidy (age 7)
3. Steve Perry (age 12)
4. Bono (age 15)
5. Sean Penn (age 16)
6. Michael Stipe (age 19)
7. John Cusack (hey, it's not too pathetic to still have a crush in one's 30s, is it?)


7 people I want to do this:
If you want it, consider yourself tagged!