Monday, August 15, 2005

Question Meme

Danigirl tagged me for this meme a while ago. This was harder than I had thought it would be!

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life? (Note: That I will admit to on my blog)

A. Admitting during an interview for a full college scholarship that my low math SAT score (in comparison to my really high verbal score) was due to the fact that I "am not very good at math." Nope, didn't get that scholarship.
B. Letting perfectly good friendships atrophy for no better reason than distance and laziness.
C. Not getting better lactation help while nursing Sean. I still feel that if only I had tried harder, breastfeeding would not have been such a disaster.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

The Chair and CEO of our family corporation -- Sean and Allison.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?


Several people have been so clever and snarky with their answers to this question -- since I can't come up with anything nearly as funny, I'll play it straight: Abraham Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, John Lennon, Douglas Adams, Virginia Wolfe. I'd want to be both awed and entertained.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

For me, two serious wishes and one fluffy wish.
A. True equality for all women, in all countries, of all faiths.
B. Safe, secure, loving childhoods for all children.
C. A completely cool, funky, uniquely decorated house.


5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.


Regrets:
A. A town center. My town exemplifies poor suburban planning: lots of nice neighborhoods, but no cohesiveness; a healthy tax base, but far too many tacky strip malls.
B. Related to A -- Other than the grammar school and park, there are few walkable destinations in my neighborhood. I'd love to be able to walk to a book store or restaurant. (I get so envious when Isabella writes about her Montreal neighborhood.)

Things to avoid:
A. The mall. Once the premier shopping destination in our area, it’s now bordering on stale and tired.
B. The two main highways crisscrossing the town. Most people develop a negative impression of my town on the basis of these highways, with their proliferation of big-box stores, ugly strip malls, and gas stations.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Meeting my husband. Until that point, I never believed that someone would ever love me and make me feel beautiful both inside and out.

7. Tag 3 people.


I'm not sure who has done this and who hasn't, so I'll tag anyone who wants it!