Saturday, July 09, 2005

Pointless Complaining Ahead

Somewhere there lives a clean house, with efficiently organized paperwork, no clutter, a tidily arranged very small number of toys, and home projects that are actually completed.

Casa Mimilou is not that house.

In my little hamster wheel existence, I can't seem to get anything done. I blame the kids, mostly, but even that goes only so far. I don't know what my problem is -- laziness, torpor, listlessness?

Allison has finally surrendered to sleep, and here I sit in front of this stupid glowing screen. Instead of folding laundry that sitting in a shapeless pile on my couch, I'm complaining about how messy my house is. Instead of picking up the 657,362 pieces of multicolor molded plastic that litter every floor in my house, I have already rationalized that it's not worth the effort since the Dynamic Duo will just take them all out again tomorrow at 7 a.m.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is -- I guess I just wanted to vent about how the status of my house mirrors, maybe even amplifies, how dispirited I feel right now. How I want to not only get my domestic act together but also be helpful to other people in my life, yet lately haven't been able to do a blessed thing but take care of my kids.

Phooey. Maybe I should go fold that laundry after all.