Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Why exactly did I think it would be a good idea to take both kids to the garden center by myself today? I suspected things were getting out of control when I temporarily lost sight of Sean amidst the shady annuals, and that impression was confirmed when he climbed into a huge display of shepherd hooks. Did you know that they make a surprisingly loud sound when they fall to the floor en masse?

Let's just say that I feel a deeper kinship with Phantom Scribbler and Amy, both of whom have been gritting their teeth over their sons' behavior of late.

To remind myself why I keep the munchkins around, here's a cute little exchange Sean and I had yesterday. Context: Jeff was away for a few days on business.

Sean: Where is the van? [Yes, we have a minivan. Stop snickering.]
Me: It's at the airport parking lot.
Sean: Oh. When is Daddy coming home?
Me: Tomorrow after dinner.
Sean: Oh. How will the van get home?
Me: Daddy will pick it up at the parking lot after he gets off the plane.
Sean: Oh. Daddy will carry the van home, and then I will see him!

It's a good thing he's so cute.