Sunday, March 13, 2005

Quick Follow-up

Thanks so much for all the great comments about favorite children's books. Like Isabella, I have to admit that I hadn't heard of a lot of them, but I've compiled them all into a list: Future Books for Sean and Allie, Once They Have Progressed Beyond Illustration-Based Books Such as Those by Sandra Boynton and Dr. Seuss. I'm looking forward to sharing all these great books with them.

Just had to add one set of favorites that I forgot to mention:

How on earth could the Pippi Longstocking books have slipped my mind? I loved these books, especially the first one. You couldn't ask for a better feminist heroine than Pippi -- independent, free-spirited, strong as an ox, kind, and generous. For a play-exactly-by-the-rules child like myself, it was so liberating to read about a girl who flouted convention at every step.