Monday, March 14, 2005

My First Meme, Because I'm Too Tired for Original Content Tonight

1. If you could build a second house anywhere, where would it be?
Maui. Although the weekend commute might be a little taxing.

2. What are your favorite articles of clothing?
My new jeans; it's only taken a few years, but I've finally gotten a pair of low-rise, boot-cut jeans. I also like to pull on my comfy sweatpants after I've spent a long day at work wearing pantyhose. But, oddly enough, wearing sweatpants all day long makes me feel schlubby.

3. The last CD I bought?
I have no idea. It's been years since I purchased a CD for myself. Last one I received as a gift was REM's Around the Sun.

4. What time do you wake up in the morning?
6:30 a.m. If the kids are feeling lazy, 7:00 a.m.

5. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
It hasn't been invented yet -- you know, the one that makes all the food and cleans up the mess afterward.

6. If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
Piano.

7. What's your favorite color?
Purple, and green.

8. Which vehicle do you prefer, sports car, motorcycle, or SUV?
Plain old sedan for me.

9. Do you believe in the afterlife?
Yes. Opiate or not, it's a belief I cling to, especially during tough times.

10. Favorite children's book?
Wait, didn't we just cover this?

11. What is your favorite season?
Spring. But the end, not the beginning, because that's really just winter being sneaky.

12. If you have a tattoo, what is it?
I'm sure that this comes as no surprise, but I don't have a tattoo.

13. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to teletransport, a la Bewitched.

14. Can you juggle?
No. That requires physical coordination, and I was out that day.

15. Someone from your past that you wish you could go back and talk with?
My father.

16. What is under your bed?
Dust, dust, and, wait a minute, let me check -- right, more dust.

17. What is your favorite day?
Saturday. It's really the only true weekend day -- Friday evening is spent recuperating from the week, and Sunday is spent in denial that the weekend is over and the work week is about to begin again and can someone please explain to me how that happened?

18. Sushi or hamburger?
Hamburger. But only with much guilt.

19. Of the people who normally read your blog, who is most likely to respond first?
Can't say, really.

20. On whic blog did you find this meme?
Phantom Scribbler

21. What is your favorite flower?
Star gazer lillies. Except for the yellow pollen-type substance that spews all over the place.

22. What is your favorite meal?
My grown-up answer: Lasagna with a salad of mixed greens and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. My secret-heart's-desire answer: A bowl of Apple Jacks cereal.

23. Describe your pjs.
Coral-colored floral top with matching solid bottoms. Light flannel. In summertime, big loose tee-shirts (maternity tee shirts are great!) and shorts.

24. What is your favorite breakfast?
See above for favorite meal.

25. Do you like your job?
Yeah, I really do. And now I'm leaving it!

26. What is your dream job?
My current one, with just a smidge more visibility and responsibility.

27. What age do you plan to retire?
I have no illusions that I will ever be able to retire because apparently all my Social Security funds will be funneled into the stock market and then shrivel up.

28. Where did you meet your spouse or significant other?
We met in highschool -- he went to my senior prom with a friend of mine.

29. Something you would like to do that you have never done before.
Play a musical instrument. Live an unselfish life.