Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Miscellaneous Crabbiness

Everything at work today is making me grouchy. Each e-mail seems to bring its own intractable problem, and, attention, please, people sending me e-mails at work: I am just not in the mood for problems. I have 6 weeks of work left. I want to sail along these remaining days, unencumbered by problems. Who can I talk to about that?

On a completely unrelated note (except for the fact that this, too, is making me grouchy), I have, for reasons still rather murky, volunteered to coordinate my best friend's bachelorette party. No, not THAT kind of bachelorette party---thankfully, MK is about as serious and strait-laced as I am---it's more like a bachelorette dinner, followed by dancing. The problem, of course, is that I have no experience with this sort of thing. Why did I think that someone who has no social life would be a good candidate for arranging a night of cool and hip fun for 30 women? She deserves a fabulous evening, and I hope I'm up to the task.

So, I'm trying to find a restaurant. I've struck out at the first two places I've tried. As the tortoise in that Bugs Bunny cartoon once said, "Times a'wastin', speedy!", so restaurant #3 had better pan out.

And speaking of event planning and deadlines rapidly approaching, that will be a hopping weekend: On that Saturday we have MK's shower (don’t worry, it’s not a surprise), that night is the bachelorette shindig, and the next day is Sean's 3rd birthday party. Stress much? Not me, no siree. Cool as a cucumber! As long as no one expects any actual food at Sean's party, we'll be just fine.