Thursday, February 24, 2005

Meet the New, Improved Allison. Now with Words!

Allie is learning to talk, and each day it seems she says a new word. Here's the roster so far:

Hi
Bye bye
Uh oh
Yeah
Daddy
Mommy
Allie
Doggie
Woof Woof
Moo
Ernie
Bert
Elmo (pronounced "Melmo"; yes, you can tell she's our daughter because already she's becoming fluent with pop culture references)

And finally, her favorite word:

No No No No No No No.

Fitting, I suppose, for a small child who is showing every sign of being a rule-breaker. A few weeks ago, for example, I had gone upstairs to fetch a diaper for Allie; I think I was gone for about 35 seconds. When I came back down, Allie was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, rather like a queen holding court. I have a feeling that keeping one step ahead of Her Royal Highness will become increasingly challenging over the next few months.