Saturday, December 11, 2004

Stuck in the Mud

In my head lives a long post, and I'm afraid that it will be stuck there for a while. I've also had grandiose plans for posting at least every other day. That hasn't happened, either. Don't you hate it when real life interferes with blogging?

For now, here's where things stand: I've caught Allison's cold and have been hacking up bits and pieces of my lungs for about 5 days now. No one in my house has gotten a good night's sleep in weeks. Sean is on a food strike, and I'm considering taking him to the pediatrician's because I'm concerned that this is more than just a phase. Jeff has been working long hours and is facing an ever-mounting pile of projects. The fact that we're woefully unprepared for the holidays apparently is not a big enough impetus for us to actually do something about it.

Granted, in the grand scheme of suffering this is pretty paltry stuff compared to, say, living in the Sudan. But I'm a whiny sort of gal, in case you haven't noticed. Whiny and a huge procrastinator who's headed downstairs to finish watching The Two Towers instead of doing anything productive. Nighty night!