Thursday, October 07, 2004

Desperately Seeking Suggestions

I am in a book funk. I'm almost finished my current book and have no attractive options on the horizon. Despite my initial enthusiasm, I've ditched Crimson Petal and the White after about 300 pages. I admire the writing; some of the sentences are extremely clever. But life is short, and I decided I'd rather not devote my limited reading time to 800 pages about Victorian prostitution. More specifically, it's the painstakingly detailed encounters with Victorian prostitutes that I'm tired of reading. Oh, and the hypocrisy of the prostitutes' patrons. And the patronizing attitude toward women in general.

Anyway.

I turn to you, gentle readers, for some suggestions about what I should read next. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

(If you've been put off in the past by the registration requirement for the comment feature, fear no more. I've found a new comment service that allows anyone to post a comment without having to register with Blogger.)